The Village Preservation Society
The vision of the Village Preservation Society (VPS) is to unite the villagewhile preserving village life and its heritage. Each individual, organisation and business has a role to play in the community. The Society’s aim is to unite these to provide a better and fulfilling life to those in the village. The VPS isto help villagers, organisations and businesses to realise the ideas they have by providing help, support, tools and funding where applicable and appropriate. Every villager has a voice.
The Winterbourne Stoke Village Preservation Society was set up in March 2020 at the start of the COVID 19 pandemic. It was a means for providing self-help for the village and the villagers and since then has expanded to provide activities and entertainment to help the village during the hard times of the lockdown. It’s aim is to keep the village spirit alive and bring the community together.
Role of the VPS
• To encourage the preservation of the village life through communication with each other and helping each other.
• To facilitate the promotion, organisation and management of events, activities and entertainments for those living in Winterbourne Stoke.
• To provide the tools to villagers to help revive village traditions andactivities and make new ones.
• Each individual villager can organise an event or activity of their choosing. Those organised by members of the committee are done so in their role as a village member. (The Committee is not there to run all village events and realise requests)
Who is it made up of?
Everyone in the village is part of and makes up the Village Preservation Society.
It is lead by a team of 3 officials: Chairperson, Secretary and Treasurer. Their roles are as follows:
• to chair meetings of the committee and society
• act as spokesperson for the society
• represent the society at meetings and functions
• take and keep minutes of the meetings
• prepare the agenda with the chairperson
• deal with correspondence
• circulate relevant information
• manage the Society’s assets
• supervise the financial affairs of the Society
• Keep proper accounts for the Society
Will be held as and when needed possibly monthly/bi monthly depending on the annual plan of events. Dates and locations of meetings will be published on notice boards and via Social Media. AGMs and EGMs are addressed in the constitution.
Any assets held by the VPS is for the benefit of all the village an should be available for the villagers to also use privately. (With a nominal donation to village funds)