What is personal information?
When I use the term “Personal information”, I mean the same as “personal data”. Personal data includes any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. This means any individual who can be identified directly or indirectly by reference to an identifier such as name, identification number, location data, online identifiers (for example, IP addresses – if they can be used to identify you) or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person. Put simply, this includes data which either by itself or with other data held by us or available to us, can be used to identify you.
The categories of personal information I collect
Personal information collected from you includes the following:
- your name and
- your e-mail address,
The purposes for which I use your personal information
I will only use your personal information for the purposes that you would reasonably anticipate or that we state when we collect it and, where necessary, for which you have given us your consent.
Disclosure of your Personal Information to other third parties
I do not disclose your personal information to third parties.
Retention of your personal information
I will keep your personal information for no longer than is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected taking into account the requirements from the following criteria:
- any laws or regulations that we are required to follow;
- whether we are in a legal or other type of dispute with each other or any third party; and
- the type of information that we hold about you.
You have various rights under data privacy laws. These may include (as relevant) the right to:
- access information held about you. You must make your request in writing and provide me with enough information to permit me to identify your personal information. In certain circumstances under the privacy laws, I may not be required to provide all the details of personal data held;
- amend and rectify personal information that is inaccurate;
- request restriction of information processing concerning you or to object to processing of your personal information;
- the right to request the erasure of your personal information where it is no longer necessary for us to retain it;
- the right to data portability including to obtain personal information in a commonly used machine-readable format in certain circumstances such as where our processing of it is based on a consent;
- the right to object to automated decision making including profiling (if any) that has a legal or significant effect on you as an individual and the right to object to marketing; and
- the right to withdraw your consent to any processing for which you have previously given that consent, without affecting the lawfulness of any processing based on your consent prior to its withdrawal.
if you wish to exercise any rights please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org; I will endeavour to acknowledge requests within two working days and the appropriate response and information promptly and within the relevant statutory timescale (usually one month).